Sunday 25 August 2013

Off into the great blue yonder

Soon I will be creating a new blog about my travels. It will be mostly be to act as a time capsule of my trips (I plan to take many during my next few years of college) and also to act as a way to keep my family and friends here in Ireland updated on how I'm getting on and the adventures I'm (hopefully!) having.
I am overcome with nerves as the one week countdown to my language course in Ukraine starts. I received info about my homestay and my class timetable but am very much throwing myself in at the deep end with next to no clue what it will be like there or even whether I will be fed of be able to go to the gym.
I am also extremely excited for my first trip to Eastern Europe as this is going to be a huge part of my life in the next few years. I can't wait to actually try to communicate in a language I've been learning for less than a year, to experience a new culture, new foods, new sights, a new way of living. I'm glad to be going with friends but nonetheless being thrown into things while still more than a bit unprepared. It's exhilirating in the way a bungee jump or a sky dive is- a heady mix of mild terror and anxious excitement mingled with the thrill of the unknown.

1 comment:

  1. it sounds so exciting though, oh wow... best of luck with it c: take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete