Tuesday 5 February 2013

'Cos I'm quirky

I guess I started this blog just to have a creative outlet where I could just ramble free, its slightly more complex than that thought because this is of course the internet so I don't want strangers (or worse people I know!) discovering all my intimate secrets like how I'm secretly shy around guys or that I'm weirdly terrified of woodlice or how when I'm happy I like to listen to angry music.
My favourite song is Kate Nash's 'Mouthwash' because it is basically a collection of random phrases about herself and its exactly the kind of thing that goes through my head when I try to sum myself up. I'm an odd sock. I brush my teeth too much, I love bright lipstick, baking makes me calm, I can't stop doodling on my arms and I hate painting my nails. I love how the more you get to know any person you can define them by all the little things that make them up, the stuff that makes them happy, their obsessions, their passions.
I'm generally an open person, I'm always happy to answer questions about myself and I'm generally pretty happy about who I am. I think a lot of people think I'm more interesting and exciting than I am. With my over the top personality and my quirky clothes people have a tendency to assume I'm a party girl; that I like a social drink, the odd smoke; that I've dabbled in the odd bit of recreational drug use. My general inappropriateness  makes people think I'm a mad flirt too! i'm just a cheeky gal but I have no such hobbies. Sadly my life is at a similar level of rebellion to a 14 year old! The only vaguely wild things I've ever done were a couple of cheeky secret piercings and my tattoo that I got on my 16th birthday.
I guess I just like to be different, I don't like to be what people think I am or do what people expect of me; probably because I've always been such a goody two-shoes (coincidentally my nickname in primary school). Part of me is a rebel; wants to be one of those badasses that people are kind of in awe of. I settled for two toned hair and colourful clothing and some seriously epic friends; at the end of the day, being me was a lot quirkier than being a badass anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment